In today’s global marketplace, it is important for students to acquire the interdisciplinary skills they need to be globally competent and competitive. The International Skills Diploma Seal is awarded to graduating high school students who complete an international education curriculum and engage in extracurricular activities and experiences that foster the achievement of global competencies. It is a signal to employers and higher education institutions that a student is prepared to participate in the global economy.
ISDS BROCHURE 2017.pdf
Updated Guidance at a glance for ISDS.pdf
For more information on the International Skills Diploma Seal program, please review the recorded webinar below.
2018 Webinar reviewing the ISDS Program.
Link to presentation for webinar.
- At least three credits in the same world language and/or ESOL
- At least four credits in courses determined to have an international focus, such as international economics, world/non-US history, world geography, etc.
- At least four extracurricular activities and experiences with global themes and/or in global contexts (e.g., exchange programs, international and language clubs, travel abroad)
- Twenty hours of community service involving a global/cross-cultural public service project
- Capstone presentation on the knowledge gained in the courses and activities listed above
ISDS Pre-Approved Courses
The International Skills Diploma Seal Committee will conduct an annual systematic review of all courses and add any courses that are deemed to align with the goals of the International Skills Diploma Seal.
August 30th or December 15:
The Georgia Department of Education World Languages and Global Workforce Initiatives now has two reviewing cycles for school applications to become eligible to award the International Skills Diploma Seals to qualifying graduating high school seniors.
The first cycle deadline is August 30th and the 2nd cycle deadline is December 15th.
Sept 20th or January 15th:
For those schools submitting applications by the August 30th deadline, they will recieve notice of their application status by September 20th.
For those schools submitting applications by the December 15th deadline, they will recieve notice of their application status by January 15th.
Schools evaluate credentials of interested candidates and report list of qualifying candidates to GaDoE using the link below.
Click here to submit ISD Seal Requests!
Schools award the International Skills Diploma Seal
Click here to submit information for your school's ISDS STAR Student.
Frequently Asked Questions
Approved ISDS High Schools