WARNING: YOU ARE IN OUR UAT/TEST Environment!
Superintendent Barge Names Advanced Placement (AP) Honor Schools: February 8th Proclaimed AP Day in Georgia
MEDIA CONTACT: Matt Cardoza, GaDOE Communications Office, (404) 651-7358, email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
February 7, 2012 -- State School Superintendent Dr. John Barge today named 367 Advanced Placement (AP) Honor Schools.
"Georgia has much to be proud of when it comes to the success of Advanced Placement," Superintendent Barge said. "Much of this success can be attributed to the dedication to rigor and excellence at each of our AP Honor Schools."
Advanced Placement (AP) classes and exams are administered by the College Board, which also administers the SAT. AP classes offer rigorous college-level learning options to students in high school. Students who receive a 3, 4 or 5 on AP exams may receive college credit.
The 2012 AP Honor Schools are named in five categories, based on the results of 2011 AP classes and exams (AP Honor Schools are attached):
- AP CHALLENGE SCHOOLS: Schools of 900 or fewer students with students testing in four of the core areas (English, math, science, and social studies)
- AP ACCESS & SUPPORT SCHOOLS: Schools with at least 30% of their AP exams taken by students who identified themselves as African- American and/or Hispanic and 30% of all AP exams earning scores of 3 or higher.
- AP MERIT SCHOOLS: Schools with at least 20% of the student population taking AP exams and at least 50% of all AP exams earning scores of three (3) or higher
- AP STEM SCHOOLS: Schools with students testing in at least two (2) AP math courses and two (2) AP science courses (AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Computer Science)
- AP STEM ACHIEVEMENT SCHOOLS: Schools with students testing in at least 2 AP math courses and 2 AP science courses and at least 40% of the exam scores on AP math and AP science exams earning scores of three (3) or higher
AP Day in Georgia
Wednesday, February 8, 2012, has been designated by the State Board of Education as AP Day in Georgia. This date coincides with the College Board’s release of the 2011 AP
2012 AP ACCESS AND SUPPORT.pdf
2012 AP CHALLENGE SCHOOOLS.pdf
2012 AP MERIT SCHOOLS.pdf
2012 AP STEM SCHOOLS.pdf
2012 AP STEM ACHIEVEMENT SCHOOLS.pdf