The Teacher and Leader Support and Development (TLSD) Division is dedicated to providing high quality professional learning that is job-embedded, collaborative, and focused to support teachers and leaders growth. In addition, we aim to support successful implementation of the Teacher and Leader Keys Effectiveness Systems (TKES and LKES). All professional learning opportunities are designed to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviors to improve teacher and principal practice and effectiveness leading to increased student achievement. The professional development provided is aligned with Georgia Systems of Continuous Improvement and components of TKES and LKES to fosters ongoing improvements in teaching and student learning.
Professional Learning Standards
TLSD and GAPSC Professional Learning Partnerships
TLSD and GAPSC has worked in partnership on several projects to promote professional growth and support. For more information please see the details below.
To support the recertification requirements the following eLearning modules series have been released in SLDS on the Professional Learning Platform.
- Professional Learning Goals (PLGs): A Guide for Teachers
- Professional Learning Plans (PLPs): A Guide for Teachers
- Professional Learning Plans for Remediation: A guide for leaders
- Professional Learning Goals (PLGs) and Plans (PLPs): A Contributing Professionals
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs): A Guide for Leaders
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs): A Guide for Educators
Teacher Leadership Tool Kits
- Developed by Georgia professional educators who served as members of the Teacher Leadership Task Force, convened and collaboratively facilitated by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC), the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE), and the Georgia Leadership Institute for School Improvement (GLISI).
P20 Regional Collaboratives
Establishing and sustaining powerful partnerships that are focused on continuous school improvement, student growth and learning through the preparation of candidates and professional development of P-20 educators.
Teacher and Leader Professional Learning Opportunities in SLDS
The Professional Learning platform in SLDS gives Georgia educators access to various eLearning experiences that promote professional learning. Each module can be used independently or with a small group in a professional learning community environment. In addition, many module concepts are development to enhance teacher and leader effectiveness and are aligned with TKES and LKES Performance Standards.
Teacher and Leader Keys Effectiveness System Resources
A variety of the professional learning resources have been developed to guide understanding of critical information that assists in mastering the implementation of TKES and LKES. These resources are available for teachers and evaluators and can be found by clicking the links below.
General Quick Guides
Quick Guides are concise, targeted reference tool for many of the topics and concepts related to TKES or LKES.